Headlines

Oz leads Fetterman in polls after the Democratic debate

Oz leads Fetterman in polls after the Democratic debate

Dr. Mehmet Oz, a Republican celebrity heart surgeon and former TV talk show host, has edged out Democratic Pennsylvania Gov. John Fetterman in the Senate race polls after the two candidates tied for the top vote.saw the debate earlier this week.

The latest survey, Wick Insights released Friday morning, Oz had 47.6% support, with Fetterman close behind at 45.9%. Another 3.6% said they would vote for a third-party candidate, and 2.9% said they were undecided.

When the undecided group was forced to choose between Oz and Fetterman, 64.4% said they favored Oz, while the remaining 35.6% chose Fetterman.

The results are repeated Insider Advantage survey adopted the day after the debate. In that survey Oz led Fetterman 47.5% to 44.8%. Another 3.6 percent said they were undecided, 2.8 percent said they would support Libertarian candidate Eric Gerhard, and 1.3 percent said they would vote for someone else.

Fetterman suffered a stroke earlier this year.
In one discussion with Dr. Oz, John Fetterman stumbled.
AFP via Getty Images

The polls are the first two polls Oz has led since winning the May 17 Republican primary.

The polls are also the first two to come out after the election Discussion on Tuesday where Fetterman, who suffered a stroke in May, stumbled and tried to give a coherent answer.

The Democrat continues to have hearing processing problems from his stroke and had to use closed-recording monitors to follow the moderator’s questions and Oz’s remarks.

For example, when asked if he thought the Biden administration had “overspent” and what it would cut from the federal budget, Fetterman stumbled over his answer.

Oz trailed Fetterman for the vast majority of the campaign.
Oz led Fetterman in the second post-debate poll.
Getty Images

“I think we have to deal with inflation right now. We have to deal with inflation right now,” he said, before calling the price hike a “tax” on the working class.

In another oft-repeated incident, Fetterman briefly fell silent when asked to explain his changing position on fracking.

“I support fracking and — I don’t support, I don’t support, I support fracking and I stand up and I support fracking,” he stuttered.

While both polls show Oz leading in the Senate race, the polls also show Democrat Josh Shapiro with a comfortable lead ahead of the gubernatorial race.

In the Wick Insights poll, Shapiro received 49.2%, Republican Doug Mastriano 43.3%. The Insider Advantage poll gave Shapiro 50.2% to Mastriano’s 41.8%.

The Wick Insights poll surveyed 1,000 likely voters in Pennsylvania between October 26 and October 27. Its margin of error was plus or minus 3.2 percentage points. The Insider Advantage poll polled 750 likely voters and had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.6 percentage points.

With a report by Victor Nava.

#leads #Fetterman #polls #Democratic #debate

Related Articles

Back to top button